Do you use the internet a lot? If you use Facebook, Twitter, Amazon or any other popular site on the net you know that your identity is at risk in one way or another. So in this article I’m going to show you 3 things you can do to protect yourself from becoming a victim.
Never Share Your Location
First off, when it comes to social networking sites the biggest mistake I see people make is that they share their location. For example, if you say your at the movies right now, this give the unsuspecting person a heads up to the scammer that you’re not home and an easy pick to rob. In fact, this is one of the leading twitter and facebook scams.
Instead, don’t give away your location until after the event has occurred. For example, telling everyone you saw the movie yesterday doesn’t put you at a big risk because scammers can’t tell were you are at.
Get Credit And Identity Monitoring
The next thing you can do to prevent yourself from becoming a victim on the net is to sign up for a credit monitoring service. These programs will send you updates via your email or smart phone and let you know when someone is tampering with your identity or credit.
One of the best places to get a free credit monitoring plan is with Credit Karma, because their plan is completely free. In fact, all you have to is sign up for a free account and as an extra option you can activate your free monitoring service.
As a final way to protect yourself from getting scammed on the net you may want to consider getting a PayPal account. The great thing about PayPal is that it protects you from giving out your credit card info to everyone. This means you don’t have to worry about this info falling into the wrong hands.
Once your signed up for an account all you have to do is get the other persons email address and send your payment.
So what are you doing to protect yourself on the net? If you follow the 3 simple tips I’m covering in this article you will avoid 90% of the scammers out there. The other 10% is common sense to stay away from the rest of the internet scammers if you can spot them. So my best advice to you is to always be on the defensive to avoid the internet scammer.